Here at the Follow the Pride in Pasadena website, roseparade.wcu.edu, Western Carolina University fans will be able to interact with and follow the Pride of the Mountains Marching Band through updates, pictures, videos, tweets and more as the band travels to Pasadena, Calif., to march in the Rose Parade.
Nearly 400 members of the band will march in the internationally televised Rose Parade on Jan. 1, 2011, and perform in the Tournament of Roses Bandfest show at the end of the first session (around 11:50 a.m. PST) of the show on Thursday, Dec. 30.
Visit and return often to roseparade.wcu.edu to enjoy:
- Photographs of band members throughout the trip – as well as historic photos of the band from over the years.
- Videos made by band members, showing the trip through their eyes.
- Profiles of band members and what it took for some to prepare for the Rose Parade.
- Information about how to watch the band’s performance live on the Web at Bandfest by purchasing a webcast for $8.50.
- Stories of how the members of the Pride raised thousands of dollars to be able to make the trip, and how you can still help support the “Pride to Pasadena” effort.
- Information about how to watch the parade live, starting at 11 a.m. EST New Year’s Day on ABC, NBC, HGTV, Tribune, Univision, Telemundo, Travel Channel, Discovery HD Theater or Sky Link TV.
- Features about the band’s directors and information about the band and how it grew and evolved into the 2009 winner of the Sudler Trophy, the “Heisman Trophy” of collegiate marching bands.
- Comments from friends, fans and supporters of the band on posts such as this.
Celebrate the Pride by leaving a comment on this post and others from Dec. 20 – Jan. 2! Join us.